Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can a judge give custody to a parent who committed domestic violence on two occasions?

Is it ethical and right that a judge gave my brother s ex physical custody of their kid. She was arrested twice on domestic violence. First time she broke the bones on my brother s hand, second time she gave him a concussion lacerations to his head, bruises and scratches all over his arms and face. Both incidents an extreme amount of alcohol was involved and both times she was taken to jail and eventually a mental clinic for evaluation. My brother was never charged. He was the victim but yet they give custody of the child to the abusive and negligent mother? This all happened in California while he was on active service. Is this really right?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Liz
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Two reasons:

1. She has never been violent towards the child.

2. The child's father is active duty military.

• 4 years ago

Well, he is on active duty, so the child going to him isn't really an option, is it?

• 4 years ago

A good lawyer.

But, when I was in domestic relations class, i was taught the court rules by what is the best interest of the child. I do not the whole story on what when on in court.

• 4 years ago

fake news

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Of course it's not right. I have a friend who had to let her baby son go visit her ex who was a known drug dealer. The baby stayed over night with him for weekends for a few months. It took a drug raid on the building to get her to lose custody.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.