Why are these foods bad for you?

- doughnuts

- bacon

- potato chips

- egg, bacon, & cheese sandwich

Favorite Answer

Doughnuts contain sugar and are fried in gross seed oils.

Most bacon contains added nitrates, nitrites, artificial preservatives, and even sugar.

Potato chips are normally fried in seed oils and some contain artificial colours, flavours, and preservatives.

Personally I feel that eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. But I would not fry it in seed oils.

I also feel that cheese is fine to eat as long as it's not that bright orange or yellow plastic looking cheese (that you might find at McDonald's). Soft cheeses like brie are high in vitamins and contain healthy bacteria.

As for the bread part of the sandwich, some bread is fine. Like the freshly baked sourdough you get from a bakery. The blindingly white pre-packaged bread that costs a mere 80c at the supermarket is not good, because of all the cheap additives it contains to make it last longer or be cheaper to make.

They are not, they are only bad if eaten to excess.

not a lot of nutrients, but high in calories and fats