Though we usually lack the complete data for assessing whether a person is in heaven, can we assess the probability of salvation?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We can assess whether or not an individual belongs to the invisible kingdom of God by their conduct and participation in the visible kingdom of God on this earth. If a person is exhibiting kingdom behavior, kingdom values and priorities, associates themselves with other kingdom citizens, and trusts completely in and shows complete allegiance to the King of this heavenly kingdom, Jesus Christ, then we can make a fairly strong assumption about their residence after they depart from this world. On the other hand, if a person shows no allegiances or affections for the kingdom of God in this life, then we must question whether or not they are truly a citizen of the kingdom of God.

Jesus came specifically preaching the kingdom of God. Too many have reduced that to simply obtaining a ticket to heaven after they die. But Colossians 1:13 tells us that the essence of salvation is that "He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of His beloved Son." Kingdom citizenship is a present tense reality, and not simply a future one. Kingdom citizens act like kingdom citizens because they possess the power of the kingdom within them, which is the Spirit of God. Our spirit is presently tied to our earthly bodies at this present time. But when this body ceases to live, our spirit will leave this visible kingdom of God to dwell in the invisible kingdom. Nevertheless, it is the same kingdom. And kingdom citizens should be easily identifiable by the kingdom power that is exhibited in their lives.

• 4 years ago

Do you believe on the Word which Christ spoke. "If you do not believe I Am He, you will die in your sins, meaning you will be seperated from the grace of the Lord and His mercy.

• 4 years ago

Revelation chapter 7 describes a huge group of people in Heaven, so large, they are impossible to number, humanly speaking. Only God knows their number, but we are told they are from every nation, tribe, and language (in constrast to a small numbered group of Israelites in chapter 14).

We are told how they got there. They worship God by declaring that "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb" (vs 10). An angel adds that they have come out of the great tribulation and "have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple."

So there you have it - salvation is assured for that multitude because their uncleanness has been washed away due to what Jesus did - clearly, they believed that and acted on the basis of that belief about the blood of Christ. Romans 3:22-25 agrees with this, saying:

"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement through faith in his blood."

We cannot know who is Heaven unless the Bible has already stated who is (the 12 apostles are - Revelation 21:14). But when God ordains a person for salvation, their salvation is utterly assured - it is not merely a 'probability'! As Jeremiah said, "Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed. Save me, and I shall be saved, for you are the one I praise" (Jeremiah 17:14).

Insofar as it depends on us to gain entry into Heaven, we would all fail. Insofar as it depends on God to bring us into Heaven, all whom He saves are saved to the uttermost - no ifs or buts about it! Jesus "is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25).

• Ussarn
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

In some cases perhaps.

God isn't going to drag anyone kicking and screaming into his Kingdom. So if tthere's a person who adamantly denies there's a God and states they'd never accept a God's sovereignty. Well then there's in all probability a very good chance that person will be turning back into dust when they die.

But there is the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous on the last day (which is a thousand years long) during which people will have a chance to learn about God and Jesus without any evil influence. Could God have seen something worthwhile in that God denier and allowed them to be the resurrection of the unrighteous. I wouldn't recommend taking that chance of being a God denier but I don't have any control over who God might take mercy on.

I personally go for mercy more often than excessive judgements because the God I know has four primary attributes Love, justice, wisdom, and power. I think a God like that would know a lot about giving the right people a chance because he know we're made of dust.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

First we would need evidence that heaven exists at all.

• 4 years ago

No, thats Gods job. If we believe the pastor who does the funeral everyone is in Heaven and perhaps he is right. We comfort each other with this thought.

• 4 years ago

What does salvation sound like? What does it look like? How much does it weigh?

• 4 years ago

Watch "The Lazarus Phenomenon" older DVD and FREE over this Internet!

"The Search For Heaven" is very good also!

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Any real 100% True Blue Christian Third class Server of a Christ like life? Is in Heaven..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.