Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 3 years ago

Turbo for 3.5L v6 camry?

Looking for a turbo for a 3.5L V6 camry please leave a link or anything thank you.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Supercharger is probably more practical.

https://monkeywrenchracing.com/product/hks-superch...

BUT, it's a Camry. This means FWD, limited traction, and all sorts of issues with torque steer etc. Toyota Australia produced a Supercharged derivative of the Camry called the TRD Aurion, While it was respectably quick it didn't really catch on due to the FWD handling characteristic.

A RWD vehicle is better able to handle that sort of power, and when you get into small vehicles with that much power you need AWD (Focus ST/ WRX / Evo etc)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

I have checked all the suppliers that I trust and couldn't find any bolt on kits. When Andy's motor sports doesn't show a thing I am at a loss. Checked the major names in the bolt on turbo set ups and nothing.

Superchargers- yes and as noted easier to do.

But (as some one else pointed out) the sanity of the idea is in question! With this being a FWD car- it would be a tire shredder! Two hundred and twenty horses in a FWD can chew of tires rated for fifty thousand miles in less the six thousand miles and that is with out super hard cornering! Been there, done that and would do it again. But get over that and there is a reason for such cars being AWD!

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

So, what's the deal here, STUPID ANONYMOUS TROLL? Is it that you're too lazy or too stupid to do your own Internet searches? Why should ANYONE on THIS forum waste their time doing searches that YOU can do for yourself? GOOGLE is your friend.

• 3 years ago

Thats a great idea! (Not being sarcastic). Those v6 camrys are faster than 95% of cars. I would stay away from ebay kits, but dont get a sports car turbo either as they are harshly treated. Get like one from a truck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.