My mother doesn't approve of my boyfriend.?

my mother is really unhappy tht I spend so much time with my boyfriend. She doesn't like him because he has had some drug problems in the past and is on disability for bipolar so doesn twork. However i love him honeslty and we talk about having kids etc. my mom is really disappointed and upset shes worried that i wont have the life that i derserve according to her like we wont ever be able to travel or buy nice things etc. I'm ok with not having a lot to be honest and although ti would like to travel, i don't feel deprived or anything with this guy. I'm 33 by the way and i live at home. what do you think??

Favorite Answer

He doesn't sound like the best guy in the world, no offense, so I'm actually siding with your mom on this one.

He doesn't sound mentally stable, he doesn't sound like he can support and care for you, so yes: your mom is justified in being upset that her daughter is choosing to stay with this guy.

Conclusion:

You need to get a job and move out of your mom's house. Your boyfriend needs to clean up his act and get counseling/professional help. You need to do some self-reflecting on why exactly you are with this guy, where you see yourself 5, 10 years from now (with him or without him), etc. You might even need some counseling, too, before you have kids with this guy.

• Kenny

You are desperate and think you can fix him but don't bring kids into this mess you are about to get started .

I think before having a boyfriend you should work on yourself and get out of the house. You're 33 years old. Your mom doesn't want to have to house you and your boyfriend that has drug issues. Her parenting days are over.