Can I collect SSI and make money from youtube videos?

I have been disabled since I was young and because I didn't work enough before collection disability I am on the SSI program (welfare for the disabled) am I allowed to monetize my youtube videos and still get my SSI? I have had my channel for 5 yrs and figure I should at least look in to it as another form of... show more I have been disabled since I was young and because I didn't work enough before collection disability I am on the SSI program (welfare for the disabled) am I allowed to monetize my youtube videos and still get my SSI? I have had my channel for 5 yrs and figure I should at least look in to it as another form of income. but I know when I worked part time the government took half of my check and I was at risk of losing my health insurance through the state.. I don't want to jeopardize my SSI but don't want to lie and have the money go in someone elses bank account and name so they have to pay taxes on it and try to cheat the system.. Any thoughts? any one have a similar dilemma.. I cant physically work any more and I don't want the SSA.. to assume because I am making money sitting at home on the laptop that I can survive off a few hundred dollars from youtube and take my SSI away.. thank you
1 answer 1