Is community colleges better than private colleges?

Hello guys, Im a senior in highschool and I will be heading to college soon. I got accepted into a private college with a scholarship but I still have to pay them a lot. My parents want me to go to a community college, I like that idea too. But which one is better? I heard that you learn like general courses in... show more Hello guys, Im a senior in highschool and I will be heading to college soon. I got accepted into a private college with a scholarship but I still have to pay them a lot.
My parents want me to go to a community college, I like that idea too. But which one is better?
I heard that you learn like general courses in every colleges the first 2 year. So community colleges is better right? My friends are going to colleges in different state and I feel kinda jealous. I feel like they are smarter than me :(