Do I Need To Do GE's for Trade School?

I am currently in my first year in college and I am strongly struggling in math 105. I was born with dyscalscuia and have never had a consistent grasp in math . With the other subjects I do fine and the content comes consistently and fluidly after studying and listening-but with math, nothing syncs in with me no matter how many tutors I hire or teachers I meet or new methods I find out about. I am now 20 and I don't know what to do at this point; I feel like a failure stuck at a brick wall. I have tried changing my attitude to positivity but that still doesn't help me learn math. I am thinking of enrolling into trade school. Please, what should I do?

Favorite Answer

I like your trade school idea. Make sure to do some research first. Pick a trade that pays well, has some demand where you live, and doesn't require any math beyond what you can already do with confidence.

What math you need will vary by trade, so really do look into this. But no trade will require the typical college math classes you're in now - it's more focused on the actual work. Still, pick your trade carefully. As with any student, including those without LDs - go with something that matches your strengths, not your weaknesses.

A lot of community colleges offer good quality trade programs, cheaper than "trade schools", so look there first. You can also check the local branch of the trade's union, to see if they offer their own training programs. Only look at trade schools last, as they are the most expensive option, and also know that not all of them are reputable - so be careful.