Can I create my own network at home?

Okay, this is the situation: I bought a cloud network storage disk to store and stream my videos and movies from. (WD My Cloud, to be exact). There is no option to transfer the movies directly from my devices to the storage until, and the upload speed is unbearably slow (Left it going overnight, and it completed... show more Okay, this is the situation: I bought a cloud network storage disk to store and stream my videos and movies from. (WD My Cloud, to be exact). There is no option to transfer the movies directly from my devices to the storage until, and the upload speed is unbearably slow (Left it going overnight, and it completed only 8 GB out of 1.5TB!!!)

I thought the answer would be to buy a faster router, so I bought a Nighthawk X6 that has a Tri band and speeds up to 1.3 Gbps on a 5Ghz band, but it hasn't helped at all.

It is possible to set up a network that can use the router to transfer the files directly through the router rather than the Internet? I don't feel like waiting until Christmas to have everything transferred!!!
Update: @Aerialnine: A 1.5 TB file. Right. Do everyone a favor and don't post answers while you are smoking meth. Thanks. A 1.5 TB file...unbelievable