What exactly is the point of getting married?

I always found that stupid. What difference does it make from being simply boyfriend and girlfriend to being Husband and Wife? I mean its just a piece of paper they sign. The paper is just worthless at the end when it comes to the fact that only humans give it meaning but outside the universe that piece of paper doesnt mean anything. But yeah I never understood honestly. I see no difference from being married and being bf and gf.

54 Answers

Relevance
  • Chloe
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

there's little to no benefit for the man in marriage... most women are a depreciating asset...

the law of diminishing returns certainly applies in most marriage situations...

the most unhappy people i know personally are all married...

love is like the wind, its always changing... its an ever changing emotion that is controlled

by too numerous outside variables... you cant build a solid future on an emotional foundation...

those days are long long gone...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

It's because the wife gains the legal right to have of his lifetime earnings, and the contractual wherewithal to deny sex, without prejudice, whereas a BF could say "fuckdatshit" and leave datbitch when she stops putting out. And not have to pony up 50% of the rest of his life.

• 4 years ago

Don't do it! It's like giving up tour rights.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

sbdvd

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tara
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

It depends on the individual person - and the way they think.

For many people ... it is honoring religious beliefs.

For others - it may be love.

For some - it can be their culture.

For many ... it can mean nothing at all.

• kim
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Absolutely right, if you dont value marriage dont get married. If you do value marriage, then marry a christian and follow your faith walk. Todays worldly people do not like institutions, want to do away with tradition and even core family values. Dodnt Billy Grahm warn us about that? Yet people want to live without God in their lives, like they know all the answers. Wake up call is acoming!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

So the woman can stop having sex with you and control your life. Then when she's done sucking up all your energy like a leeching parasite she will divorce you and take all your stuff, even your kids. You'll only get to see them on weekends and will still have to pay for them everyday, even though your damn ex wife just uses the money to have sex with young guys while ur out making all the money. I ******* HATE YOU MARTHA!!! YOU RUINED MY LIFE !!!!

• 4 years ago

data shows a high number of folk breaking up even with kids than married. it is legally important but is in fact mankind religious marking of commitment to another. sort of pledge to your god etc.

not everybody is deeply religious and so we other means of showing world we are committed to that one person.

that person also sees we have made a public commitment to them . much more than a pit of paper. until you get ( if ever) married .its a bit like being a parent . unless you are one ..you cannot fully comprehend . good luck in your life but not getting married is in itself a form of selfishness and getting married is a way ph showing we care very deeply about somebody and not ourselves!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

You wouldn't understand.

• 4 years ago

It may not have cosmic significance, but...that piece of paper is not blank. And by the time most people who act like married folk break up they don`t agree on much. I know, just kidding, love is eternal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.