Is Train travel Amtrak a high profile danger? Or is driving your own car better for long trips?

I am going on vacation, flying is not an option for me, so no need to go there bc I will ignore it. I am going to Miami next week, I am debating whether to drive or take the train from Los Angeles to Miami. I was planning on driving 10 hr a day alone. I would leave at 5am. So I won't get fatigue or tunnel... show more I am going on vacation, flying is not an option for me, so no need to go there bc I will ignore it.
I am going to Miami next week, I am debating whether to drive or take the train from Los Angeles to Miami. I was planning on driving 10 hr a day alone. I would leave at 5am. So I won't get fatigue or tunnel vision I was thinking in taking a break every 2 hr(30 min) break. Then stop driving around 6pm and check in at a hotel and repeat the same thing for 3 days until I make to Miami. I feel I am more in control when I drive, cars don't derail either.
If a take Amtrak I know I can rest, but it really scares me bc you have NO control whatsoever, trains derail and these are high profile accidents. A derailment will kill you. So I am not sure about Amtrak being safer then driving. My time is running out and I am stress out.