Why do guys ask if you have a boyfriend?

My coworker (a guy) asked me (yes, I'm a girl) if I had a boyfriend or any kids. We were both on break together, he asked me what I was studying (I'm in college) I told him I'm in the Nursing program. He looked impressed, and after a few mins asked me if I had a boyfriend or any kids, i said no. And he... show more My coworker (a guy) asked me (yes, I'm a girl) if I had a boyfriend or any kids. We were both on break together, he asked me what I was studying (I'm in college) I told him I'm in the Nursing program. He looked impressed, and after a few mins asked me if I had a boyfriend or any kids, i said no. And he didn't push the conversation farther than that. Just stayed quiet after. There was another girl in the break room with us as well. And she asked me if I planned to have kids once I finish school, etc. eventually the conversation changed and about a few mins into it, my male coworker had to clock back in since his break was over but he didn't engage in the conversation I was having with our other female coworker. Any idea why he'd ask that? Do you think he might be interested in me?
4 answers 4