Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

Is it a sin to deny a bone marrow donation to someone who needs it or else he's likely to die horribly from Leukemia ?

I'm afraid it is indeed a grave sin to deny help in such a situation, but it's probably also very painful and not without risks for the donator , either, right ?

What about the JW's point of view ?

I've read they must not even accept such life-saving donations of blood or other organs like e.g. bone marrow ?!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Pamela
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

When your heart is in the right place, giving someone something they truly need is never a sin. Our own pain is often part of that (love is self sacrifice after all) but it should not prevent us from doing what is within our power to do- and donating your own bone marrow is something no one can do for you.

If God has laid it on your heart to go thru a bone marrow procedure for someone, talk to Him about it and then research it for yourself.

If you are still thinking about it when you know more and still want to do it, ask Him for peace with your decision and the courage to do it:)

If you receive both- go for it! Just think- you can significantly change another person's life for the better! We should all be donating what we can- time, money, clothes, blood and yes, even bone marrow:)

Don't concern yourself with what JW believe. They have distorted the bible and have gone their own way apart from Him:(

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

I don't think its a sin, but one must remember, the JWs do have a compelling idea from the scriptures not to partake of blood, and there are those that believe body parts translplants do come with cell memories, and can be a type of possession in the person. it could be in the form of having nightmares. so, I wonder what vampires actualy see in experiencing other peoples lives and memories if they partake of blood and really do the things that like in the harry potter movie says a person can see the memories of others by body parts.

it has to do with cell memory, if it is true to do.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

THAT IS A PERSONAL CHOICE...SIN IS BREAKING THE COMMANDS IN EXODUS 20

• Lv 6
      3 years agoReport

If you love Jesus, you will obey his commandments. Among them is, "Return not evil for evil." https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240-us-answers/suggestions/17904556-get-rid-of-the-or-who-is-cloning-me

• 3 years ago

Don't listen to the JW's

JW's are a CULT, do not listen to them. They modified the bible and made their own version NWT.

Charles Taze Russell who founded the Jehovah's Witnesses. He prophesied the world would end in 1914.

1) The JW's modified John 1:1 from ‘…was God to ‘…was 'a god' (for grammatical reasons which of course changed the meaning of the verse). Again the statement that Jesus was the only begotten Son of the Father Is stated again in John 1:14

2) The JW’s say earth will last forever. See ‘New Earth’ as stated in Isaiah 65:17

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;

And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

The current world is passing away because of sin

1 John 2:17

And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Also ..

Romans 8:21-22

21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious

liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

3) One God..

Deuteronomy 6:4

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD.”

What the JW's misunderstand is that God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one in essence not absolute.

For example, The key word “one” (Hebrew achad) is often used to denote unity in diversity. For example, when Eve was united to Adam in marriage, they were said to be “one flesh” (Genesis 2:24). Similarly, on the third day of creation, the waters were “gathered together unto one place,” yet this gathering together was called “Seas” (i.e., more than one sea, Genesis 1:9-10). Dr. Henry H. Morris, ICR

Update

JW's deny the deity of Christ and have changed God's word.

1 John 4:1-2

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God;

because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God:

Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

Rev 22:18-19

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

JWs will sit and watch people die for lack of a blood or marrow donor, smug and satisfied in the delusion that they are virtuous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.