Is Friends overrated?

the telivision show? it is kinda enternaining and has a bit of comedy tbh and it is also cool in how it reminds us of the 90's and how life was so much simpler back then but calling it the best sitcom of all time?? i don't think so, at least not for my taste that 70's show and even two and a half men (seasons with charlie sheen, ashton was ok but the rest of that show was boring annoyingthe last episodes on air..) among others were funnier and entertained me more. that's just me does anyone agree???

Favorite Answer

I never tuned in regularly, but when I have seen the show, the plots seemed contrived and - during the later seasons, when the show was wildly popular - it seems every time any of the main characters walks into a scene, the studio audience goes ape with laughter. (For example, David Schwimmer could walk into the apartment saying "Hi guys!" and those watching live laugh as though it was the funniest thing they ever heard.) I get that they love the show and anticipate something funny's going to happen, but that sort of response is unnatural and a put-off for some of us watching the reruns now.

Yes

No, Friends redefined comedy, and it literally never went off the air, it's the only show that hasn't been on long breaks even though it's been cancelled almost 13 years ago, so there's been a coninued support for 13 years, that never happens.

The shows you do like, also took a lot of things that Friends introduced to sitcoms, so even their appeal to you, is because of Friends' success.