Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 years ago

Why does my sister not care about me anymore?

I always used to be #1 in fact, just a couple years ago she told me that I was the most important person in her life... well now, things have changed. She doesn't see it that way anymore, not after she's had a baby. He is the one that always comes first. I get he is just a little baby, and is dependent on his mother, but I miss the old days. I miss when it was just us and we would take long walks down to 7/11. I miss when we would make prank calls to home depot. I miss when we would stalk boys we had crushes on. I miss when we would give each other advice about our problems. I miss when we would just laugh for hours about to must ridiculous stuff.... I honestly just miss it all. I miss our close sister relationship we once had, but never will again. Now I have to be careful with everything I say and do since there is a baby in the house. Now, she is so busy with the baby we can't take walks to 7/11. Now, she has a boyfriend and a baby that needs her that she doesn't have time to talk with me about my problems. Now, she has grown up and matured that she doesn't just laugh at everything anymore. And now that she has a baby. I am not as important as I once was. Her and I live together, she is only 19 and I am 17. I am just so broken. I don't have any friends. And please don't tell me to go make some because if it were that easy I might have already had a few by now. She told me today she doesn't "Give a f*ck about my problems." I just don't know what to do. I miss the old days.

David Undertaker : This is a serious question, so I really don't appreciate your response. I am honestly truly upset about this and have been for a long time. If you don't take me serious, fine. But this is all the detail I want to add...

Saru-kun thank you for your answer, and I agree with most of what you said. But just because she is young, and has a baby doesn't mean she is stressed. She gets everything she wants, and everything handed to her. She is not under any stress. And I am only saying this because I know for a fact she wanted a baby. Yes, that may sound crazy but she admitted to me she got pregnant on purpose..

She still lives with my parents too. And didn't pay for anything for the baby. Everyone bought all the baby stuff. Like changing table, crib, clothes, diapers and wipes, a baby swing, a play pin, high chair, toys and sooo much more..

Favorite Answer

I hate to say this but babies and relationships almost always impact other relationships. They change everything and there is really nothing you can do about that except accept that things are not going to be the same and find a way to make things better than they are now.

Respect that she is tired her entire plan for the future has probably altered and she has stress. Support her as best you can you can't have what you had but that does not mean you cant have something great still.

update:

Sounds like she is lucky and has a lot of support but in my experience the people who get the most support frequently end up the most stressed because they become too dependent and inside feel like a failure even though they can't express it to others and may not realize it themselves. Things are not how they pictured in their mind and they don't get the same sense of satisfaction of those that accomplish things themselves. They tend to act a little distant and resentful without knowing it. Just my observations.

Ok.