Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 years ago

is this lymphoma?

for almost 2 years i've had swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and little ones in my groin. they're painless, and kinda hard. but i can move them all around & they aren't fixed in place. they haven't gotten any bigger in 2 years, they've stayed the same. my doctor has felt them and took my blood, but lymphoma doesn't show up in a blood test. i don't have any other symptoms. does this sound like lymphoma?? or just abnormally enlarged lymph nodes for no reason??

Favorite Answer

It is more than likely not lymphoma. Some people just have abnormally enlarged lymph nodes. The most common reasons lymph nodes enlarge is because you're body is responding to an infection, illness or stress. Sometimes when a infection or illness is gone, the lymph nodes forget to shrink back down to normal size which could be the reason why you can feel them in you're neck and in the groin. Since you've had them since 2 years ago, it is probably not lymphoma because you would be dead or very ill by now.

Obviously if they were to enlarge even more, I would suggest getting checked out by you're PCP again. Again, it's probably nothing to worry about and don't freak yourself out about it.

• Alfred

this is a question to thoroughly be approached and answered in real life - by a health care professional ( either your Family Doctor or some other specialist thereof )

according to the data you told us here- it sounds unlikely it's about lymphoma...

but anyway- ''phone medicine'' could never be good enough...

• ?

No. Same as every other time you have posted this moron. Grow up and stop pleading for attention like a child.

if it were lymphoma and you've had them for two years then you'd be dead by now...