Wilson asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 years ago

Will I be able to go to the beach/swim while on my period not wearing a pad or tampon?

Usually before my period starts, on the first day I get a little bit of brown stuff but thts it I only need a panty liner.. And tommro I'm going to the beach and it will be the 2nd day of my period.. The first and second days are pretty light like I could go a whole day without changing my pad I get pretty light periods.. And I tried tampons they won't go on idk why I can't do it l! I can only get it in slightly:( idk what's wrong with me.. And ik pads can be dangerous in water.. If I wear a black bathing suit and no pad/tampon will I be okay since my period is light?

Thank u sooo mch!

Favorite Answer

You should use a tampon. I mean technically you can go swimming while on your period whether its light/heavy but like my swimmer friends say, if you're at a pool, once you get out you better run for the bathroom. Tampons take practice, and if you need the extra help there's always that pamphlet with the diagrams that comes in the boxes.

• Kristi

If you can go out shopping without a pad or tampon, you can swim without one. But if you need a pad or tampon to go out, you need a tampon to swim with.

Well yea you can because your a light flow just wear some bottoms and a pantie liner once you get in the water the blood will stop but once you get out you should run to a bathroom or....you know what happens but if you dont feel safe doing this here are some suggestions you might want to use

1. use a menstrual cup(reusable or disposable)

2. Sea sponge put it in your bathing suit

3.This one might be the best....Water proof undies!

i don't think you should try swimming without anything, periods do stop in water but what about when you get out?. you said you've tried a tampon and believe me I'm 21 now but when i was younger i tried so many times and finally got it, so you can't just give it another shot? you got this! but no sharks will come or any of that rubbish lol.

If you want it possibly look like you got bit by a shark.