New cat transition - hiding behind washer?

I got my first kitten (4 months old) and I had prepared a spare room for her when she arrived with a litter box and food and water. But when I put her in the room and then tried to leave she jetted out of her pet taxi and out of the room and ran behind my washer. The space is very small behind there and I worry... show more I got my first kitten (4 months old) and I had prepared a spare room for her when she arrived with a litter box and food and water. But when I put her in the room and then tried to leave she jetted out of her pet taxi and out of the room and ran behind my washer. The space is very small behind there and I worry about her being in there. I wanted her to be confined to a small room to get used to the house gradually. Now what should I do? She doesn't know where her food or water or litter box is and the trip to my house was very stressful for her. She was panting and hissing and meowing the whole way home. I wonder if she is stuck behind there...btw, she's been in there for one day.
Should I
a. grab her and put her back in the original room
or
b. leave her behind the washer and just leave her alone for a few more days?