Is Plenty of Fish useless?

Can never get a girl to email me back more than 4 times.

or even worse.... They have nothing substantial to give me to where we can open up the dialogue.

I honestly have better luck in real life gaining connections.

Favorite Answer

I used two dating websites…

Plenty of Fish: Great because it's free. Bad because it's free. You don't have to pay anything, but that leads to guys searching for girls to get laid, people who don't take it seriously, profiles that are jokes, etc. I had a profile for a couple of years, and sent out probably 30 emails or so. I had one date out of it (after a girl emailed me), and that was it.

eHarmony: I joined in October of 2010. It's good because it asks a lot of personality questions, and matches you with similar people in your area. The downside is that it costs a decent amount... But because it does, it keeps losers who aren't serious off of it. Another downside is that it gives you your matches, but doesn't allow you to search for anyone. Some have complained about a lack of matches, but I received at least 5 new matches every day. I met three girls, and one of them is now my girlfriend. It’s going well, so I’m a fan of eHarmony.

Good luck.

Then make connections in real life. Simple.

From the point of view of these girls, you're one of a ton of guys. It's hard to get through the noise. You're better off in real life.