Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

When JEHOVAH says "My Son" and Jesus says "My Father" doesn't it show they are separate and unequal individuals?

Matt 3:17; Luke 2:49; John 17:3. What does the word My indicate? Can you be the same person and be your own father and son? Where in the Bible does JEHOVAH say He is His own Son Jesus? Where in the Bible does Jesus say he is his own Father Jehovah? Where in the Bible does Jesus say he is equal to his Father Jehovah and where in the Bible does JEHOVAH say He shares His Sovereignty with His Son Jesus?-Php 2:6; Psalms 83:18; Isaiah 42:8. Christendom's members will have you believe that JEHOVAH and Jesus are equals and one and the same and try to use JEHOVAH's Own Word to support their Satanic lies about them-John 8:44. Even Satan knows that Jesus is a Son OF God not JEHOVAH God Himself and Jesus NEVER said to Satan "I Am JEHOVAH God the Almighty and you know that!"-Matt 4:1-11. When JEHOVAH Vindicates His Sovereignty and Sanctify His Holy Name Christendom's members will not exist after Armageddon and their belief in and spread of Satan's lies against JEHOVAH and Jesus will be done away with forever and Jesus and the heavenly angels will see to it being done very soon-Matt 25:46; Matt 24:29-31; Matt 7:21-23

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes

God is always referred to as YOU or HE but never as WE or THEM.

Jehovah is a Single Spirit Person and so is Jesus-not part of a pagan Trinity invention.

Psalm 90:2

2 Before the mountains were born

Or you brought forth the earth and the productive land,

From everlasting to everlasting, you are God. (YOU)

John 1:18

18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him.

NO MAN HAS SEEN JEHOVAH, BUT HAVE SEEN JESUS

Source(s): THE NON-TRINITY BIBLE
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Yeah, we know your wicked god is going to murder every innocent child, woman, and man for not joining you cult. That's what happens when you make up your own god to fit your cult's false teachings.

Attachment image
  • ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Jehovah was an imaginary character created by Moses to support him in his misadventures. Jehovah was supposed to be intolerant jealous vengeful and fearsome entity. God is loving. He doesn't punish anyone.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

of course , but jesus had two natures , Human and divine , can a human cure the disabled by laying on hands . or forgive sins , resurrect from the dead then ascend into heaven in front of visitors . he must be god

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

I think there is a mistake ! Jesus says Ely Ely or Eloheim la ma sa backthanai.

Jesus is Jehova, and the I AM of Moses. Jesus is praying to one that is greater and more "good" than he is ! but both separate personages are distinct in their own lives, though they are of the same Godhead, and throne, of planet earth.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

No, of course not. We know that God is a Trinity and that the finite mind cannot begin to understand God. You want a God that will do as you wish, conform to your demands as to His nature and there isn't one.

Read the Nicene Creed. You are confused because your church did not exist until the 1890's so you don't know Church history, its councils or its catechism.

• ?
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

You do much err not knowing the Scriptures. Perhaps it is because you have an aversion to the word "God" that you are conflating the Persons of the Trinity. Jehovah God is God the Father, not God the Son. That Jesus is indeed God is explicitly stated in Scripture.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God.

Col. 2:9 In Him [that is Christ] dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Furthermore, on several occasions, Christ accepted worship and in one instance permitted Thomas to refer to him as his God. Either would be blasphemous if indeed Christ were not God.

• 4 years ago

The word "Jehovah" is not in the New Testament. It just isn't there - sorry to break it to you.

You'd be correct though in saying God the Father and his Son are distinct individuals or persons (exactly what the Trinity teaches).

Unequal in what sense though? If I beget a son, wouldn't he have the same essence as me? Wouldn't he be just as fully human as I am?

Apply the same logic to Jesus. He is the Son of God. The Greeks would understand this as a title of Deity - since a son always has the same nature as his father. He's just as much as God as the Father is. And therefore, he is coequal with him in nature/attributes. This is why Christians believe in the Trinity. It's not so difficult to apprehend.

• 4 years ago

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

and the darkness comprehended it not.

• ?
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

The Trinity doesn't teach that Jesus is the Father. It teaches that all 3 are co-eternal, One in unity and in purpose- united in a Godhead.

Source(s): Atheist.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.