ben
Lv 6

is this weird?

there's this mexican restaurant i go to where the waiter/owner is always watching soccer. he always watches german league amd routes for germany in the world cup. i asked him if he has any connection to germany and he said no, he just routes for the team. he said once that he was born in guatemala. is it weird that he routes for germany instead of guatemala, his birthplace, or the united states, the country where he is now a citizen.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Best Answer

Not really. Usually Latin Americans follow Brazil, Argentina, Mexico or Spain. Small countries like Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras know their country will very seldom reached the World Cup.

Germany is the most consistent national team in World Cup history so that's why he probably follows Germany.

• 3 years ago

Not weird tbh.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

1. Root for a team. A route is how you get from one place to another.

2. Not weird that he likes watching German soccer. There are different styles and it seems he likes that better.

3. It's most weird that he is from Guatemala and he has a Mexican restaurant.

• ben
      Lv 6
      3 years agoReport

all the mexican restaurants here are owned by guatemalans, they just are

• 3 years ago

You don t have to route for the country you are from. If an American was going to route for the US national team, then his team would have no chance in the World Cup. Don t get me wrong, I am from America and my favorite sport is Soccer/Football.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.