what are good quotes for someone who keeps repeating bad actions?

I finally broke up with my ex who won't stop committing crimes. I stayed with him through prison, then he got out and caught a new case about a year later and went to jail for about 8 months. Now, a couple years after that, he caught another felony and is headed back jail where he will probably do another 7 or 8 months for. This is not fair to me. I'm stressed 24/7 that's going to commit another crime. He gets sentenced for this current case in the end of March. But he still expects me to stay with him and I refuse. If he truly loved me, he wouldn't put me through this. I am not a criminal, I have a good job, etc

Any good quotes that apply to him and why I cannot stay with someone who won't learn from their past mistakes?

Favorite Answer

Every time you have done this I have loved you less. Finally the love has gone, goodbye.

Why do you need quotes...? Just leave him...

No words are going to change the person. Even jail won't stop the person from committing crimes. Let the person go to jail.

• Marli

He won't absorb any words any famous person said, since he didn't absorb your words. You are the person he said he loved; but if he loved you, he would have listened to you and tried not to make your life hell. Just say, "Good bye" and start to forget him. Start by telling yourself that he "committed" a felony, not that he "caught" a felony. "Caught" implies that you think someone else [Sir Caustic?] pitched the crime or the blame and he caught it as if it was a baseball.

My suggestion is perhaps a little more radical than most of the others here. As a very successful career criminal myself, it seems to me that your friend is very unintelligent and that's why he keeps getting caught. The solution is to join him in his criminal endeavours in a management capacity, i.e. you should take over leadership in the venture, as you seem to be slightly more intelligent than he is. At first, use his underworld contacts to gain experience, but gradually you can move out into a more personalised criminal experience with him following your orders to the letter. I suggest fields like burglary, vehicle stealing and various financial scams to start with. It's the only way.

My quote is - "You are a freaking idiot for staying with this guy".

He must make a decision to change, and quotes will only help if he can control himself. He didn't "catch" those felonies; he committed them for a reason.

• Cogito

He's what they call a career criminal - a persistent offender.

If he was committed to your relationship, he'd respect you and the law enough to stop being such an idiot, breaking the law.

There is no 'quote' - other than he's a stupid man who doesn't have the sense to be law-abiding.

It's time to move on, forget him and one day you'll find a good, honest man who is worthy of you.

Why the fcuk do you need "quotes"? You seem to have figured this out yourself already.

There's tons of good quotes out there but they are all pointless for someone who isn't ready to listen or change. The bigger question here is why are you wasting your time? Find quotes that apply to you and why you stayed with someone who has so many issues and no future for so long. Experience says you are suffering from low self esteem.

Take responsibility for your actions. Cut off all contact. Take out a restraining order if you need to but whatever you do, focus on you. Not the actions of a jackass.