How can a person with diabeties for 13 years, control glucose level without insulin?

A person I know has been having diabetes for the past 13 years, and in the past few days, his sugar levels dropped drastically when injecting insulin (causing losing consciousness and doing strange things at the middle of the night). Yesterday he didn't inject the insulin (he usually injects every night) and did not have any symptoms of high sugar levels, like thirst and wanting to urinate regularly.

How? And Why? What are the possible reasons?

he has type 2 diabetes

Best Answer

I have noticed a growing number of ads (email videos) that claim type 2 diabetes can be reversed. All of them have in common diet changes and exercise, along with the use of various herbs and spices known to control or reduce blood sugar levels. As a type 2 diabetic, I have found that dietary changes and supplements like the ones they recommend can really make a difference in how much insulin or other diabetic medications are needed. If your friend chooses to eat a super low carb diet, like removing all grains, sugar, and starchy vegetables, eats more non-starchy vegetables (like salads and steamed vegetables), and exercises 30 minutes a day, he just might reduce or eliminate his need for diabetic medications.

There is a sliding scale for insulin use (I take insulin also, after stopping the use of metformin because of the kidney damage it does), and the dosage of insulin is determined by what you are going to eat and what your blood sugar level already is. Your friend should already know this.

A trick to keeping blood sugar levels level at night is to eat a small carb snack, like half a banana or a couple of graham crackers, just before bed.

You might do some research on the internet on reversing diabetes.

• Gary B

IF they control their diet, and get their weight into the "normal" range (*** defined by a doctor) they can control it COMPLETELY, making the diabetes harmless. THERE IS NO CURE -- you will STILL haev diabetes, but it CAN be brought under 100% control IF you put forth the effort and self-discipline.

Why did his doctor give him insulin if he is type 2 diabetic, they would only do that if the metformin or whatever meds is no longer working, he needs to go back and ask doctor, I have been type 2 for about 10 years and only take metformin pills after each meal and partner also type 2 takes a few different types of pills after meals and has done so for around 12 years but neither of us need insulin. Obviously he takes blood test to check sugar levels before injecting the insulin so why take insulin if levels where low to normal, - he did eat I presume?

Depends on if he is type 1 or 2. Also depends on type of insulin (ie. humalog performs different from humulin)

• :;

My friend has diabetes but was not worried about it and never bought his medication and drank lots of cola now his legs a purple and black

they cant and they die