I'm a finance student and a capitalist. Is there any book that looks at the history of communism objectively, with very little opinion?

My friend is a communist, and I gave him some books on capitalism. To be fair I wanna learn his side of the argument as well. To understand and better debate him. But I don't wanna read "the communist manifesto", like I said something objective. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Socialism and communism are 1st cousins under the skin varying ONLY in the degree and force with which they are applied.

Start here:

.

https://www.aei.org/publication/why-socialism-alwa...

There is not much history on the economic system called communism. It is mostly focused on the totatarian political systems in former USSR and Chinese mainland euphemistically called "communism"

What business do you own, if you are a capitalist. Your tastes in reading are truly bourgeois.

• Schmo3 years agoReport

Besides you're probably poor and have nothing to share. So with your logic, you're not communist. So dick it.