Is it inappropriate for a woman to wear a pink business suit in a corporate job?

I was shopping online for some business suits to match my personality (just got job as a paralegal for a corporate law firm) and a found a very nice, soft-pink, business suit. I was telling a guy friend about the suit (who, mind you, does NOT have a corporate job) and he immediately said "oh, you can't wear a pink suit!" as if showing a little femininity is wrong. The suit is not bright or gawdy, it reasonably conservative, and looks professional despite being pink. Thoughts?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Only you know the office culture where YOU work. Based on what you've seen there, surely you can make a judgement about what is appropriate attire for the workplace where you go every day.

• 4 years ago

Showing femininity isn't unprofessional; you can wear a pink blouse or tasteful jewelry and look quite professional. But unless you are Delores Umbridge, you probably shouldn't wear a pink suit to work.

• 4 years ago

It depends upon your work environment and the culture it is into. My advice is to go with so dark and grey shades that can give you a professional look and feel.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I loved my designer pink suit (Michael Kors). Very femme. I paired it with either navy or black shoes and blouse. It was short sleeved too. Perfect for me. I still have a picture of me wearing it--a group photo with a US president.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • tro
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

pink is not indicative of professional decorum

you don't want to stand out like a sore thumb, you need to blend in with the professional atmosphere

• 4 years ago

No, I'd imagine it should matter if you're doing your job properly

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Have you ever seen anyone wearing pink in a Court of Law?

Presume you want to be taken seriously not as an airhead wearing Look at me clothes.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

no

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

It depends on the business, I guess. Some companies like to project a more reserved image. Many law firms do have a dress code, though it may vary if you don't have court appearances or client meetings.

• 4 years ago

Weird

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.