Best OS for this PC?

Hello, I have since 2013 an Asus A56CB-XX248 with this specifics:

Intel Core i3 3217U (1.8GHz)

8GB RAM DDR3 1333

SanDisk SSD Plus 128GB

nVidia 740M

Intel HD4000

Now I'm using Windows 10 but I see an High CPU Usage, well What OS should I Install on my PC?

I have to use this softwares:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community

Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Premiere

XAMPP

Dev Cpp

Google Chrome

Opera

Adobe Dreamweaver

FileZilla

TeamSpeak.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

MIcrosoft no longer sells or support Windows 7. It has ended "normal user" support for all versions of Windows 8.x, except for monthly updates.

You are smartest to remain with Windows 10. It is guaranteed to be supported for at least five more years (and probably several more beyond.)

IF you are having issues with the PC, confirm that the PC is running the correct Win 10 drivers. If all the hardware came in the PC when you purchased it, check the manufacturer's web site for the latest version of all the drivers. If you added any new hardware, you will need to check the web site for that hardware to get the latest version for it.

IF you are seeing high CPU usage, check to see what all programs you have loading during start up. Open the Task Manager, click the More Details arrow, and go to the Start up tab. Delete anything you do not need to have loaded on start up. (((% of people can delete everything out of there.) That will free up processor cycles.

If you are getting high CPU usage, determine why programs cause the high usage. See if there are any updates or settings you can change to reduce CPU usage.

CHeck to see how much free space you have on your hard drive. If it is below 10%, free up space on the drive. That will reduce the amount of file swapping the PC has to do.

Close any programs you do not have to have running while you are working in large programs like Visual Studio. You can survive without your Facebook open in the background.

• Dave
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

Windows 7 is supported until 2020. You can EASILY buy a copy at most any vendor that sells MS products.

Windows 8 is FULLY supported until 2018, and then drops to security patches until 2023.

In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about.

• 3 years ago

Uninstall Chrome, you already have Opera.

Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Disable useless startup programs or adjust their priority to low, medium or high.

Uninstall other useless programs.

Run one program at a time.

• 3 years ago

windows 10

• Dave
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Look in your task manager. What's causing the high CPU usage?

Windows 10 isn't your problem, it's the programs you have installed.

• Dave
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

If you want help you need to be specific. EXACTLY what is causing it AND how much CPU is it using?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.