Isn't this the real reason the Democrats and the teacher's unions don't want Betsy DeVos as Education Secretary?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-round-clock-sess...

With Betsy DeVos as Education Secretary they easily lose the control they have over our public education system

The loony left use our public education system to indocrinate our children into their ideology. Why do you think that the vast majority of college students are part of the loony left?

And for the teacher's unions is has been a gravy train

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

I agree in part. The teachers have been riding the gravy train with their ridiculous tenure nonsense. So we continue to have teachers who can't spell KAT teaching our kids because we can't fire them.

Maybe Betsy, coming from private schools, will remove tenure and make public school teachers more accountable for their quality of teaching.

Source(s): My son schooled in private schools from 4th grade through MBA from a private university. So I know the quality that private schools can produce.
    • oldprof
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

Teacher work nine months a year and expect to be paid for a full year. That's also nonsense granny.

• Flower
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

She will improve the quality of education

• justa
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

No, and I don't know of any teachers rolling in money either. You do have to remember they are college grads and paying minimum isn't going to work.

DeVos has no credentials at all, she's never had a kid in public school, and has worked to give private schools more so their children can have a 'superior experience', which is nice for them but takes public money to give to them, when public schools are the only option in some whole states, like Alaska and Maine where there aren't enough kids for two systems. Her lack of knowledge when questioned in her hearing, and her dismissal of their concern was bordering on juvenile. She's unqualified. Trump isn't going to nominate a 'loony leftist' but nominating someone who doesn't know what she's talking about because she's just a big Republican donor just makes her a dumb choice. I'm sure there are a Republicans who are competent why not choose one of them?

• Sam
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Its because we know she is unqualified and a religious zealot that would be dangerous.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

At least two Republican senators also say she's unqualified.

She repeatedly either lied or stated erroneous facts during her hearing.

If you're going to nominate somebody, at least find somebody who knows what they're doing.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

I think you're an average IQ type person that doesn't know sheet about this stuff and post sheet online with a link that you probably did not even read......

"indoctrinate our children into their ideology"???

You're a phucking joke / online Troll.....

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Cons must be really cr@p parents if they cant teach values to their own children.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

The real reason is that she has no expertise in School Administration or education. The only thing she has experience with is Sending big checks to republicans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.