Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 3 years ago

How to get rid of a swollen eyelid?

My little sister woke up this morning with a very swollen eye lid on one eye. From what I can tell about her diet and activities the past two days, its not pink eye or an allergic reaction. I put a cold compress on her eye and rinsed it with cold water and I instructed her not to touch or irritate her eye.

I ve asked my parents and they said its just irritated. She has a constant issue with her eyelids, which is itchyness and flakiness. For this, I would apply Cortizone on her eye or another itch cream. However its gone away recently and right now its just smooth and swollen.

I don t know what to do now because its been swollen the entire day and she has school tomorrow. What could it be? What else cpuld help?

Best Answer

I don't know what it is but both me and my sister have had this happen, honestly I just recommend a HOT compress and some steaming. It worked for me doing it every 2 hours *after school* for 3 days. My sister had it for a week and we took her to the doctor but they didn't do anything about it. So we went with the hot compreses and steam and it went away

• Tj

It could be a infection. If get worse, see a eye doctor.

It is a Sty.

Get a cream from the Pharmacy for Optical Use ONLY.