im writing a book and the main character has cancer, but i know nothing about the cancer she has.?

can anybody tell me anything on Acute Myeloid Leukemia? The mor details the better!!! thanks!!!

I know I sound lazy, and i did google it. I have been doing reserch on the topic of the book. I just wanted some other people to tell me some things that they knew. Im sorry if i came off as lazy, or anything like that.

Also, at the time that i asked this question, I was 12........ I knew nothing about what went into writing books...

Favorite Answer

This is why beginning writers are often told, "Write what you know." It doesn't literally mean that you must only write about things you've experienced personally, but that it's probably not a good idea to make the main focus of your story something that you haven't experienced or have no knowledge of. You either spend a lot of time researching when you should be learning how to write, or you produce a story that's full of crude and ignorant stereotypes.

Why not write about a character who's facing a problem that you know something about - something that happened to you or a friend or relative, or something similar to that?

If you aren't willing to research your subject, you can't be a good writer.

Stop writing a book you know nothing about.

• LAN

If you are really writing a book, why are you coming here rather than going to the many more credible sources of information that you can get accurate information at? Cancer.org Cancer.gov

Writing a book about a patient with cancer you know nothing about will result in a badly written story that is insulting tomost cancer patients.

You need to know that.

Do your own research, you lazy slob.

that sounds like the fault in our stars. I wanna read your book.

Just google it. There's lots there.

• Kaliki3 years agoReport

cant google it...

Just look it up, how lazy are you?

• Kaliki3 years agoReport

cant.. im trying to be discreet here... im not supposed to be online...