im writing a book and the main character has cancer, but i know nothing about the cancer she has.?

can anybody tell me anything on Acute Myeloid Leukemia? The mor details the better!!! thanks!!!

Update:

I know I sound lazy, and i did google it. I have been doing reserch on the topic of the book. I just wanted some other people to tell me some things that they knew. Im sorry if i came off as lazy, or anything like that.

Update 2:

Also, at the time that i asked this question, I was 12........ I knew nothing about what went into writing books...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This is why beginning writers are often told, "Write what you know." It doesn't literally mean that you must only write about things you've experienced personally, but that it's probably not a good idea to make the main focus of your story something that you haven't experienced or have no knowledge of. You either spend a lot of time researching when you should be learning how to write, or you produce a story that's full of crude and ignorant stereotypes.

Why not write about a character who's facing a problem that you know something about - something that happened to you or a friend or relative, or something similar to that?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

If you aren't willing to research your subject, you can't be a good writer.

• 3 years ago

Stop writing a book you know nothing about.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

If you are really writing a book, why are you coming here rather than going to the many more credible sources of information that you can get accurate information at? Cancer.org Cancer.gov

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Writing a book about a patient with cancer you know nothing about will result in a badly written story that is insulting tomost cancer patients.

• 3 years ago

You need to know that.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Do your own research, you lazy slob.

• 3 years ago

that sounds like the fault in our stars. I wanna read your book.

• 3 years ago

Just google it. There's lots there.

• Kaliki3 years agoReport

cant google it...

• 3 years ago

Just look it up, how lazy are you?

• Kaliki3 years agoReport

cant.. im trying to be discreet here... im not supposed to be online...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.