Anonymous

What are some companies known for hiring those with physical disabilities?

Live in a very rural area, and thinking it is time to move.

@? Google was not helpful? Maybe I am asking people with disabilities if they know a place that is known for hiring, and maybe from their own personal experience would be the best, etc.

• Favorite Answer

About 15 years ago I was in a similar place as you. I made a list of all the things I wanted/needed in a home and all the things I did not want. I asked people all over the world how much where they lived met my needs. There were some people who told me in no uncertain terms where they lived would not make me happy. Others said I would like it.

I narrowed down the list. Vancouver, Canada, San Francisco, CA, Madison, WI, Burlington , VT, Ann Arbor, Mi and a few others I don't recall. I than started to look more closely at those places. I found opportunities to go to those places for a visit. I narrowed it down to Ann Arbor and San Francisco. I lived near Ann Arbor so it had an inside track. So I found someone who lived in San Francisco going away on a sabbatical and lived in their house while they were gone. I loved San Francisco, but I didn't think it would be right for my son, and I had concerns about their social service system.So I focused on Ann Arbor. Pretty quickly I decided Ann Arbor was not right, but near would be good. Mainly I questioned the availability of affordable housing not geared to students, the cost of living, and the Town and gown environment. I ended up 30 miles away in a place I never imagined I would choose to live and decided to stay.

I prioritized easy access to nature, good health care, cultural diversity, affordability, and the ability to manage life without a car on a day to day basis except employment. I kept narrowing down the "place". I ended up wih deciding between two condo complexes, and finally decided on the one with lower property taxes.

Than I looked for a job. I lived in temporary housing. I found work than I waited for condos to go on sale at the condo complex I chose. The 3rd one I looked at I bought. Absolutely perfect choice for me. Still there.

It took me 2 years to find it. But I have every intention of living here until I die. So take your time, it's worth it.

google it

I do not know many rural places but I know a lot of big cities have opportunities.