My laptop is really slow?

I tried scanning for viruses using avira, opening task manager and disabling unnecessary applications running in the background. I also, deleted unused programs, cleared my history and cache, deleted about 50 images I had saved. Nothing is working. Its weird, because, sometimes its fast. What should I do to fix this problem permenantly?

• Windows 10 updated

• Dell

• Not sure how old, bought used about 3 years ago

Favorite Answer

based on the tiny info you gave, its so hard to guess correctly.

One option is to reinstall (factory reset) windows and it should run like new.

If you choose this path then:

Investigate how to do it correctly.

Save your data outside the computer before proceeding, all programs you installed will be lost.

• Dave

You failed to provide us with anything useful.

What FULL model number is it?

• I already stopped a bunch of auto starting programs, emptied my recycle bin (had over 1gb of trash), cleared my cache and more. Nothings working. This problem just started about a month ago. Before that my computer was fast. I don't trust that website you linked... Guess I have to buy a new laptop