Some theist claim unnatural things are wrong.... Why they got no problem when they fly on airplanes, if flying is not natural for humans?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

There is no such thing as not natural. Birds make nests. Does this mean that bird nests are unnatural? In like manner, humans make airplanes from naturally occurring elements and compounds that can be made with naturally occurring elements.

Now, if humans are a product of nature, or natural selection, then anything that humans produce is but an extension of nature. I think it is better to divide things into non-intelligently occurring and intelligently occurring objects. One comes before human intelligence, while the other comes after. Both, however, are all natural.

Take GMO, for instance. GMOs have been produced via artificial selection over thousands of years in out in the field (indeed, one look at wild versions of every vegetable and fruit in the supermarket will show that almost none of it is recognizable or desirable for food). Now that GMOs can be produced in a much shorter period of time in a lab, it is sometimes considered unnatural, but it is actually the natural future evolution of mankind.

• 3 years ago

This is a weird world in which weird **** is bound to happen.But let planes stand as a symbol of human innovation.

• 3 years ago

Flying is completely natural for intelligent humans, it is thanks to flying that help arrives faster at areas hit by tornadoes or earthquakes

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

No, what we say is that something occurring in nature is not valid evidence that it's good behavior that should be imitated. That is, the fact that a ram had cornered another ram and is raping him isn't valid evidence that homosexual behavior is good and natural in humans. The "it happens in nature" argument is invalid.

Our human innovation and ability to overcome obstacles with technological advances is actually a natural ability present in humans, so it is valid to use human innovation as an argument for human behavior. Planes are the product of natural human innovation and advancement.

• Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

Uh huh. Welcome to the future. It's now the 21st century.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

I NEVER SAID PLANES WERE EVIL...IVE USED THEM BEFORE TO GET TO BASIC TRAINING ETC..BUT I DO PREFER TRAINS...WHEN FIRST HUBBY WAS ALREADY DOWN HERE AND ME AND KIDS CAME DOWN WE TOOK 3 TRAINS AND WE LOVED IT..

• Caesar
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

I never say you say planes were evil, i don't mention any evil on my question... trains are cool and kids love them.

• 3 years ago

Well, that's kinda like the Amish, right?

• Caesar
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

They don't use airplanes for sure

• 3 years ago

Because building tools is not unnatural for humans at all. And that's really all an airplane is.

• Caesar
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

wushuboy001...Thomas Price was not the only one on the lighting rod deal you can Google about that, ..for who speak for Christianity at some time frame ..that Jewish guy Christians call Jesus was he not around the first century... so that is why some 21st century Christians not follow his words ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.