Is the ram upgrade on the Hp Envy m6 w101dx.?

I used Belarc and it showed a empty ram slot bay.I'm trying to figure how to access the ram slots so i can upgrade my ram.Since i'm new to the convertable lap tops.Does anyone know a good tutorial or know where to access the ram.I was told by Geeksquad i wasn't able to upgrade.Since Belarc scanned my lap top and found a empty ram bay slot i think they lied when i bought ram and they were going to put it in and said their weren't slots.I figured they were lazy and didn't want to do it.Does one how to access the ram slot and where is it located.I know for fact it is under the moherboard next the enter key.IF anyone of you had any luck with this lap top model.Send me a pic or hit me up tutorial videos.

• Adrian

Software detecting an "empty slot" may not actually have one at all. That is because the memory controller has circuits for a second slot, but the motherboard design may have only built in one slot. You need to verify there is actually a empty slot before tearing apart your system.

Go to:

http://www.crucial.com/

and let it scan your system. It will show what memory slots you are supposed to have, and the type of ram you can use.

• MIKE

go to youtube and search for your computer's model # and you will get different videos concerning it. Or be more specific on your search (ex."how to change ram on envy m6")

If you dont find videos, then search on google

Just because there is an empty slot doesn't mean it is in a position to add RAM to it. The motherboard will have been used in different computers... maybe in a desktop with more space inside it will have space, but not in a tight-for-space laptop.