Could this be lymphoma?

I just had an ultrasound today and the tech said I have that five 1cm lymphnodes on the left side of my neck. Im extreamly fatigued and have lost 5 pounds just this week and have no appetite. Im really scared. Is it definitally lymphoma? Ive had these nodes for about 4 months l. Cbc came back okay and other labs came back okay. 2 of the nodes is on the back of my head, and the other 3 are cervical. This is causing me severe anxiety. Any info or advice would be apprciated.

Favorite Answer

Lymph nodes that are only 1cm are not particularly large. 

My understanding is that they need to be about 2 cm before they can be accurately biopsied by needle biopsy. 

Usually at that size they indicate an active immune system. 

Your doctor will be able to explain this to you at your follow up visit.

• LAN

No. Like I already told you, techs don't go over the results of your scans with you, that's why it's obvious that you are lying.

• Matt

There are plenty of reasons you could be tired and have tiny swelling in your nodes. The fact that they are all the same size suggest that they are not cancerous. Go back to your doctor and see what he says.

• ?

Talk to your attending physician. It may just be some kind of infection. No one here would really have any real way to know what it was.

Talk to your attending. MD