Chris asked in SportsOther - Sports · 3 years ago

Springfield Range Officer Operator 1911 or Para Recon 1911 both in 9mm. conceal carry and range gun.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Best Answer

if you plan to carry the gun, the para is the no-brainer choice... adjustable rear target sights don't belong on any gun you shall need to use to save your life... the rear target sight on the springfield is purposely large to obscure much of your sight picture, serrated to appear completely black, and adjustable (meaning it can move)... none of those are features anyone would find useful in a combat weapon...

tim is clearly clueless about all things related to firearms (in addition to having no grammatical knowledge) otherwise he would know there's little difference in the terminal ballistics of ...45 acp and 9mm parabellum... he would also know that there are at least a dozen manufacturers that make a 1911 better than colt... he would also know that any 1911 you pick up shall be more accurate than the shooter...

• Chris3 years agoReport

The para is gone now and the operator has fixed sights

• Angela
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

a 1911 pistol is a bit large for concealed carry... i recently bought a smith & wesson m&p shield in 9mm that works a lot better... i particularly like the ported barrel that helps reduce muzzle flip when firing... it allows one to get back on target quicker...

• 3 years ago

If you think you will be comfortable carrying a 1911 style gun.....go for it. I would recommend a smaller version and in 9mm.

Just be damn sure you are aware of the fact that you must either carry "c0cked and locked," or you must c0ck it before you can shoot it. Now if you don't know what that means.....you are not ready for a gun. If you do?......then you know. Some folks do not have an issue with that- others do.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

A 1911 pistol is a bit large for concealed carry. I recently bought a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm that works a lot better. I particularly like the ported barrel that helps reduce muzzle flip when firing. It allows one to get back on target quicker.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-...

• JES
      Lv 6
      3 years agoReport

My S&W Pro Series 1911 .45 cal. is the same size as the shield, with just a touch more grip length. Conceals IWB or OWB very nicely.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tim
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

If your going to buy a 1911 it needs to be a colt because it's their design id recommend a colt 1911 commando it's also nice because it's a .45 so you won't need to hit with more then 1 bullet

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.