Do babies have recognizable intelligence and emotion ?

"I think therefore i am"

Do babies have thoughts ? Do they think about themselfs and others and the world around them ?

I think what has put me off babies it the fact that untill they are old enough to form words they are wet mushy flesh sacks that makes horrible noise and poop and eat. They dont really have anything else right ? I dont mean oh it laughs when it hears noise ... i mean can they understand and comprehend anything ?

Even some young kids dont have what i feel is humanity....

• D

If you think that awareness and intelligence have to be verbal, then you are really missing a lot of what's going on in the world socially. And it doesn't sound like you have spent much time around babies.

Babies know their parents at birth. They start to show awareness of their world around 2 weeks, and around 3 months they can recognize differences and fuss if something is "out of order".

Even as newborns, babies have specific cries for their needs (milk, diaper change, and such).

So they are more than just sacks of flesh.

I think you are incorrectly using the term "humanity".