Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Did NBC fire Jay Leno because he was taking shots at Obama every night?

Heard a rumor that NBC disposed of Jay Leno despite his still high ratings, because he refused to comply with the MSM narrative and would give Obama his fair share of zingers!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Best Answer

Jay Leno is not exactly a Right Winger, but he is WAY LESS Left Wing than the rest of the late night talk show hosts on Network TV.

NBC head Honchos are some of the most FAR Left in the biz.

So this would not surprise me.

• 3 years ago

I used to notice that Leno's monolog was full of Obama jokes, but Letterman's monolog was mostly jokes about Republican leaders. And they're both off the air now, so what can you make of that?

• curtisports2
      Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

What I make of that is Letterman retired and Leno was forced out.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Leno's humor was so bland I find it hard to believe anyone objected to it. On the other hand, liberals view Obama as their own political Jesus, so maybe they did consider Leno a heretic.

• justa
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

No, he wanted to retire and be with his cars, he was always happier with stand up and had said for a long time he was ready to retire, I also don't think he was happy when they moved him down to ten o'clock and back again. Obama didn't have anything to do with it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Interesting theory. Then why did NBC hire The Birther mouthpiece Trump?

A fat orange celebrity using his platform to spew political garbage? And then criticised Meryl Streep for doing it.

What a doosh.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

You have no idea what Jay Leno did to Conan do you?

• David
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

That's one thing I like about Jay (Carson too). He was a bi-partisan zinger.

• Future
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Leno had the "dancing Monica's" and ripped Clinton every day of his terms. "Liberal Hollywood" is yet another drunken Limbaugh lie.

• 3 years agoReport

But that's the thing, most Hollywood celebs wont rip on liberal politicians the way Jay did. Jay gave everyone their fair share, Republican or Democrat, Bush or Obama/Clinton.

• 3 years ago

Gibbering nonsense.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Heard it on Breitbart, right?

• 3 years agoReport

Youtube, Mark Dice. It's an interesting theory, and I always thought there was more to Jay's "retirement" than just "wanting to be with his cars more".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.