Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Did NBC fire Jay Leno because he was taking shots at Obama every night?

Heard a rumor that NBC disposed of Jay Leno despite his still high ratings, because he refused to comply with the MSM narrative and would give Obama his fair share of zingers!

Best Answer

Jay Leno is not exactly a Right Winger, but he is WAY LESS Left Wing than the rest of the late night talk show hosts on Network TV.

NBC head Honchos are some of the most FAR Left in the biz.

So this would not surprise me.

I used to notice that Leno's monolog was full of Obama jokes, but Letterman's monolog was mostly jokes about Republican leaders. And they're both off the air now, so what can you make of that?

• curtisports2
      3 years agoReport

What I make of that is Letterman retired and Leno was forced out.

Leno's humor was so bland I find it hard to believe anyone objected to it. On the other hand, liberals view Obama as their own political Jesus, so maybe they did consider Leno a heretic.

• justa

No, he wanted to retire and be with his cars, he was always happier with stand up and had said for a long time he was ready to retire, I also don't think he was happy when they moved him down to ten o'clock and back again. Obama didn't have anything to do with it

Interesting theory. Then why did NBC hire The Birther mouthpiece Trump?

A fat orange celebrity using his platform to spew political garbage? And then criticised Meryl Streep for doing it.

What a doosh.

• Bob

You have no idea what Jay Leno did to Conan do you?

• David

That's one thing I like about Jay (Carson too). He was a bi-partisan zinger.

• Future

Leno had the "dancing Monica's" and ripped Clinton every day of his terms. "Liberal Hollywood" is yet another drunken Limbaugh lie.

• 3 years agoReport

But that's the thing, most Hollywood celebs wont rip on liberal politicians the way Jay did. Jay gave everyone their fair share, Republican or Democrat, Bush or Obama/Clinton.

Gibbering nonsense.

Heard it on Breitbart, right?

• 3 years agoReport

Youtube, Mark Dice. It's an interesting theory, and I always thought there was more to Jay's "retirement" than just "wanting to be with his cars more".