People say that there's no fiberglass in dip.that its salt.?

If it was salt.wouldn't it desolve after a while.i still notice a crunchyness after even 20 min.s or so

Favorite Answer

I worked at US tobacco, making Skoal, Skoal long cut, Copenhagen, and was part of experiments getting Grizzly started. I worked in every step of processing tobacco thru drying n sifting it. And seen process of flavoring and canning. Its at different plant. And I assure u there is no fiberglass or salt in it. As a matter of fact the processing plants exceed food grade standards. They was way ahead of that since mid 90's when government started cracking down on tobacco. Everything it touches is stainless steel.

However the crunchy things ur talking about is stems that get cut long ways down it instead of straight thru.

First it is bought n separated into grades of type and quality. Then placed on line, cut in half. Some is dried to perfect moisture and pressed into 3ft x 4ft wooden barrels and stored for 3 yrs to cure. The rest is striped off of stems and pressed, etc... stems placed in barrels n stored also.

After 3 yrs they gather blends for each kind. 4 instance Copenhagen has 29 different types of tobacco in it... remove barrels, steam the 1500 lb brick of tobacco. Then broke apart and placed into bin, adding licorice to it so it is tacky. Then run thru two cutters, dried and sifted. Copenhagen looks like sand after that, skoal bigger grains. Anything not making it thru sifter goes back to cutter. So some longer stems make it thru. That's what it is. And they stay crunchy. Long cut isn't dried cause it will crumble up. Oh ya I 4got to mention the barrels of stems are added back into the mix when blended. Also they buy stems from other tobacco process Co. And add them into it to. Wtf? Right. And I mean a lot! Prob ⅓ of it.

In long cut the stems are steamed then ran thru rollers and flattened into small leaf like pieces n added to blend. That's why long cut is smoother. I probably shouldn't have told all that. But they fired me so. . . .

• lee

salt does not dissolve in gas , so they are right

There is no fibreglass in dip