Is it ok for me to get a Tattoo at 18?

As a Christian/Baptist I do believe in God, though I have many questions which are for some other questions, anyway I want a tattoo for my 18th birthday in September of this year. I have a long time to think about this and change my mind if necessary but as of right now I would like to get the word "Archangel... show more As a Christian/Baptist I do believe in God, though I have many questions which are for some other questions, anyway I want a tattoo for my 18th birthday in September of this year. I have a long time to think about this and change my mind if necessary but as of right now I would like to get the word "Archangel Michael" on my right arm and "Archangel Gabriel" on my left arm. For me Michael would represent my strength and ever growing need to strive to be great, while Gabriel would represent my need to obtain more knowledge and become smarter. I figured if those go well a year or two later I'd get a Cross over my heart.
So is getting a tattoo for those two a bad or good idea. And should I get a tattoo on my 18th birthday or get one sometime after?