Why is Winston-Salem less of a threat to HB2 than other cities are to the Bathroom Bill in NC?

In North Carolina, why is House Bill 2 less of a threat in Winston-Salem, North Carolina than say Charlotte, Raleigh, and even Greensboro, (to some degree), is to the "bathroom bill," and even though HB2 does have slightly have to put up with the controversial law in Winston, why does WS not have to put up with HB2 as much as some of North Carolina's other cities do?

• Stoo

That law is a joke that hurts specific people and helps nobody. Government shouldn't be in the business of checking people's private parts. Simple tolerance and common sense and respect suggests people should go to the bathroom of the gender of their representation. I would not want MTF transgender people coming up to the urinal beside me because they happen to still have a penis. And many women would not want FTM transgendered people to come in becuase they still have a vagina. That's not a safe environment for either person.

Or, just make all washrooms private unisex. I don't go to a blue portapotty becuase I'm a man. If a woman comes out of the portapotty I'm lined up to use, I'm not losing my shît. Private facilities make the gender identification question moot. As the book says, everybody poops.

• Toby

Thats complicated bro. Lemme think on it awhile.