Anonymous

Would you consider black actor Idris Alba as European?

Actor Idris Alba from the Wire

Attachment image

14 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Idris Elba is racially African, as you can see, and his parents are African. He would be a European citizen, though, since he is a citizen of a European country, being that of England. But that is it.

• 4 years ago

Well...an European citizen YES but ethnically European, NO. while saying that I'm not saying he doesn't have some European blood cause he probably has a little mixed in with the Sub-saharan. Now I would consider Halle Berry partially European since she does have similar facial features to an European women if you look at her carefully lol but then again her mother is Caucasian but I wouldn't consider Idris Elba ethnically European at all.

• He's British, he was born in England.

If people consider Candice Swanepoel or Charlize Theron as African, then Idris Elba is European. Yes.

Btw, it's *Elba. Idris *Elba. He's not related to Jessica Alba. 😂

• 4 years ago

Idris Alba is an Israelite/True Jew/From the Tribe of Judah....He is not a Edomite/Caucasian...He is not an African/Hamite...Your citizenship does not pertain to Nationality...Nationality means the Nation of people you descend from...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

A European citizen, certainly.

Source(s): If you're gonna be silly, at least spell the man's name correctly.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Yes he was born in Europe he's English

• 4 years ago

He's European by nationality.

However he's not European by race/ancestry, he's Sub-Saharan African.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

No, he's an Englishman, born and bred in Newham.

• 4 years ago

He is English

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Nationality wise, yes.

But he is not ethnically European because he is not white.Ethnic Europeans are those who actually trace their roots to Europe and are from the white race.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.