Any help with nervous breakdown?

I threw my plate of rice to my sister during a heated dinner conversation. It's because my sister treated my problem like a joke when i wanted it to be serious. We had an argument and i played silent with her until she said sorry. When she was mad, she didnt want me to laugh and now im mad and she's laughing. Shes a hypocrite. She was thinking it was funny when im mad at her when she accused me of saying a bad word but when i made a small nearly unnoticable mark in my essay, she got mad and i stopped laughing at it and printed my essay in another sheet. In short, when she is mad at me, she wants me to be serious but when im mad at her, she brushes it off like a joke and i lose my temper due to that.

Favorite Answer

While I appreciate that this is a serious question concerning an issue that is rightly important to you, we older types often wish we had not taken everything and everyone (including ourselves) QUITE so very seriously during our short teenage years, so be cool, use humour and your natural warmth - we all have it, but some are frightened to show it. Adolescence (approx. age 12 - 21) is a period of emotional change and discovery – so much changes! We can’t avoid changing, but we CAN make decisions about which direction we wish to go in - the sort of person we want to become. The important things are to develop self respect and emotional self sufficiency (i.e. not relying too much on someone else for our happiness) and to work on our values and qualities such as integrity and respect for ourselves and others: absolutely everyone has things about them you don’t know about. Also ensure that you have no unnecessary fear (False Evidence Appearing Real!). We CAN decide about and plan our directions by practising in our minds the kind of person we wish and intend to be. Especially first and last thing in the day when the subconscious is most accepting of your conscious thoughts. (So avoid negative t.v., video games, etc., especially at night).

Life tends to come in seven year stages (or maybe six is the new seven!). Infancy, then childhood then adolescence, which is usually around 12 - 21. Naturally people vary, and the stages merge into each other like the seasons do, but it continues to an extent: many women are not too mature until late 20s and a lot of men don’t even start to grow up until their mid thirties (I was one!). Actually Judge Judy said recently their forties!

All parents have been teenagers of course, and can be taken back to their teenage feelings with genuine interest and positivity on your part. That said, no one person can ever completely understand another (except identical twins, perhaps): we all come from slightly different places and have different experiences of and takes on life. Hence nobody can judge us with any accuracy.

Remember: adolescents’ emotions are in a state of flux and constantly changing – some more than others, obviously.

Doing things for others without asking for anything in return, such as voluntary work is very often a key here (what goes around DOES come around eventually). That said, allowing others to do things for us makes them feel good – all in moderation of course!

• Gert

That's not a nervous breakdown....that's a tizzy....nothing more. Grow up.

• bette

Sisters

You are not having a nervous breakdown. dont trivialise real problems that way.

• MK

Conflict is like a fire--It can rage out of control if not contained. Here's a helpful link on how to put out the fire:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/teena...

talk to your parents about your sister and let them deal with her since theyre the ones that made her after all, and stop throwing stuff at her and it wouldnt help to apologize to her for that too

• Fruth

you should be locked up at the local mental hospital. that will help everyone else feel better with the crazy person on a locked ward.

I hope you were eating in a kiddy plastic plate.