Ashaa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 years ago

What percent of Protein,Fat&Carbs do i need to lose weight???Please Help???.?

I want to lose weight I know in order to do that I have to eat healthy/clean ,drink lots of water & work out , but what I need help with is knowing how much Protein, Fats & Carbs to eat a day . I am 27 yr old Female, 5'9 , & 255 pounds I'm hoping to lose 6 pounds a month and my goal weight is 160pounds all positive answers please thanks.

Best Answer

"What percent of Protein,Fat&Carbs do i need to lose weight???Please Help???.?"

To lose weight, there is no one cut and dried formula, for everyone to follow, where the carbohydrates, fats, and protein are concerned. It's all a matter of first calories taken in, and calories burned. The main key, for each person is finding what the right balance is for themselves. Now the low/no carbohydrate diets, or even the low no fat diets, are classed as fad diets, and deprives the body of those, by cutting them out. Carbohydrates should be no lower realistically than thirty percent. Fats should NOT drop below fifteen percent, and protein is not recommended to be below ten percent. Those are the lowest numbers/percentages, that I've seen put out by reliable medical facilities, and top colleges that works in the field of nutritional; science.

Now it should be noted, that both a not fat, or no carbohydrate diet, is actually NOT possible. To be able do a very low carbohydrate diet, it would consist of meats, that has none, and many types of meat, does actually contain some small amount of carbohydrates. There are very few people who knows enough, to actually make a diet of all meat, and cover all of the known essential micronutrients. Also the body does make use of, and very efficiently so the carbohydrates, as a source of energy.

The percentages I gave earlier, are a base to work from, I personally follow a twenty five to thirty percent fats, and twenty five percent protein diet. The carbohydrates makes up the rest of the diet. Now I'm going to go against the grain of what many preach, where bread is concerned. Nearly everyone will state,n and in some cases, and even emphatically not to eat white bread, as they claim it's nothing but empty calories, with no nutritional value. This is however wrong, as I recently learned, as the result of a search. Plain white commercial bread, actually has a much better protein profile, than the whole wheat/grain types of bread. My bad was that I'd forgotten completely about the enrichment law, or mandate, for refined four. Now the proof. But to really get a good view, use the drop down, and then for each one, select the one hundred grams serving weight option.

commercial white bread

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/baked-products...

commercial whole wheat bread

commercial whole grain bread

Yes there are some trade offs, between them. However bread is not as nutritionally void as some claim that it is. Also potatoes, are all to often maligned by many. A potato is healthier than most think it is. A potato is packed with some essential micronutrients. A potato while not high in protein, however carries the complete set of all nine of the essential amino acids/proteins, is also not that high in actual calories, until you start to add things to it as toppings for example.

Now the main key, as I said earlier, is the calories taken in, and the amount that's burned. However understand that fifteen hundred calories a day, is the lowest recommended. The reason is that the lower one drops below that, the harder it becomes to get in all of the essential nutrients, especially at micronutrient level. To do a twelve hundred calorie diet, and meet all the requirements, ad without using any type of a supplement, requires a good deal of research, and planning.

Now some things that you can do to help with weight loss, is do some research of your own. Also cut out as much as possible, the prepackaged foods. If you want sweetened beverages, go with some tea that you make yourself. That will allow you to actually control better, the amount of sugar/sweetener that's used, versus what you can but in the store, that's ready to drink. Also try to avoid the so called meal replacement items. They're all to often going to leave some nutritional voids, while being calorie dense, and in a short time, and can leave you feeling hungry again. They can be great at the end of the day, if you're coming up to short on the calories, but that's it.

Also learn what is or isn't in what you're eating. Modifiers are also important with how a food is served and eaten, as these can affect the nutritional values of what you eat. Some of the modifiers are, baked, broiled, canned, cooked (this includes steamed, dry or moist heat), dried, dry roasted, fried, raw and roasted. I'll give you a some examples of searches you can use, to help towards your goals.

potato baked nutrition

broccoli raw nutrition

broccoli cooked nutrition

chicken breast skinless nutrition

chicken liver pan fried nutrition

avocado nutrition

beets cooked nutrition

beet greens canned nutrition

Now what's on the package nutrition labels only tells you a fraction of what various nutrients are in what you eat. Yet to many people depend on those, and can leave themselves short. Most websites will also give you the same type of information. To get more, you want to find a site, that will give you a more complete breakdown, of all the nutrients. Now I use nutritiondata.self.com as it has the most complete set of tables. With the labels on food packaging, all to many only cover a few basic nutritional points. The same applies to what you're going to find on most websites, you look at. Now while nutritiondata.self.com isn't perfect, it's the best I've found to date. There is still a good bit of information, that's missing, but it's complete enough, to give anyone a good start, to eating a more healthy diet.

]Now a couple of final points, to help. The first is the weight scales. Avoid them for at least four weeks. This will allow you to actually better see your progress, and those who frequently weigh themselves are more apt to give up. The next is helpful have a long term goal to reach, of what you want to weigh. But then set another short term goal, of losing ten pounds. Don't set a specific time frame of say one month. It may not happen. Also remember, you didn't get to where you're at now over night. So don't expect to reach your goal in a short time. It's the plan I'm using, And lost approximately fifty pounds on. My weight loss is slower though, as I'm much older than you are, as I'm fifty nine years old. Which means I have a lower metabolism due to my age. Finally if you hit a weight loss plateau, don't be afraid to take a day off, and eat a few extra calories. That can help to reboot your metabolism. I know many of he weight loss "gurus/experts," will tell you not to do that. Yet for many it's been just thing needed, to get things going again.