Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is your favorite 80s movie?

I'm looking for a good one to watch

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Best 1980's movies:

1. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

3. Back to the Future (1985)

4. Grave of the Fireflies (1988)

5. Cinema Paradiso (1988)

6. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)

7. The Shining (1980)

8. Aliens (1986)

9. Once Upon a Time in America (1984)

10. Das Boot (1981)

From individual years:

1980: Cosmos (TV Mini-Series); Who's Singin' Over There?; Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back; Zübük; The Shining; Lion of the Desert; Raging Bull; The Elephant Man; Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears; Shogun (TV Mini-Series).

1981: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson: The Hound of the Baskervilles (TV Movie); Brideshead Revisited (TV Mini-Series); Raiders of the Lost Ark; Das Boot; The Little Fox; Teddy Bear; Davaro: Son Eskiya; Pixote; Mephisto; My Dinner with Andre.

1982: The Marathon Family; Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (TV Movie); Angoor; Koyaanisqatsi; Blade Runner; The Thing; Fitzcarraldo; Yol; Abbas in Flower; Gandhi.

1983: Michael Jackson: Thriller (Video); Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro; Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi; Scarface; Eddie Murphy: Delirious (TV Special); Nostalgia; Sans Soleil; Barefoot Gen; A Christmas Story; The Thorn Birds (TV Mini-Series).

1984: Balkan Spy; Stop Making Sense; Once Upon a Time in America; The Times of Harvey Milk; Amadeus; Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind; Paris, Texas; Threads (TV Movie); The Terminator; This Is Spinal Tap.

1985: Das Boot (TV Mini-Series); The Broken Landlord; Back to the Future; Anne of Green Gables (TV Mini-Series); Come and See; Ran; North and South (TV Mini-Series); Brazil; The Breakfast Club; Tampopo.

1986: Aliens; Cat City; Sacrifice; Kin-dza-dza!; Stand by Me; Platoon; Castle in the Sky; Jean de Florette; Hannah and Her Sisters; Manon of the Spring.

1987: Nayakan; Full Metal Jacket; The Princess Bride; Wings of Desire; Au Revoir Les Enfants; The Untouchables; Babette's Feast; Pelle the Conqueror; Predator; Empire of the Sun.

1988: Grave of the Fireflies; Cinema Paradiso; Time of the Gypsies; A Short Film About Love; Die Hard; My Neighbor Totoro; A Short Film About Killing; Akira; The Thin Blue Line; Rain Man.

1989: Dekalog (TV Mini-Series); Lonesome Dove (TV Mini-Series); Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade; Dead Poets Society; Crimes and Misdemeanors; Glory; Do the Right Thing; My Left Foot; Kiki's Delivery Service; The Killer.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, The Terminator, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and The Breakfast Club.

• 4 years ago

my 1st favourite movies pk ...............80 favourite movie don

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

SWAMP THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.