devin
devin asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 4 years ago

Is Chicago getting better or worse?

And if worse, what can be done to make the city better?

Favorite Answer

Worse. The city is actually bankrupt, and most of its white (and Asian) middle class with children have left. Taxes are quite high, and growing.

The city needs to STOP SPENDING. Reduce services and headcount. Get rid of pensions. Clean up the police policy of covering up malfeasance. Bust the Teacher's Union. Insist upon better school performance and reward teachers who do a good job. Clean us the never-ending corruption and cronyism. Do something to reverse white flight.

I feel that it is getting worse (as I grow older, I become more aware of what is going on in the city). The taxes are getting higher every year as well as the cost of living, public service is getting worse, the rising crime rate, higher unemployment rate (and I am not talking about the minimum wage jobs), and failing schools (corrupt politicians & nasty weather have always been here).

I heard on a radio show that about 10,000 Chicagoans moved out of the city from July '15 - July '16 (and over 30,000 people moved out of Illinois). And I am also thinking about moving out of the city and state as well, but I do not know where I should move to yet (I have already lived in Southern Virginia and Northern Florida, and I hated those places. So I know for sure that I will not be moving down South).

• Bob

worse by the day -- get rid of the democratic mayor and replace him with someone that knows how to run a city

WORSE!