Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

why are cons opposed to fossil fuels being systematically phased out?

I realize that crude oil has allowed for exponential growth in the past century.

however it is an environment disaster and the sooner electric cars take over cars that use the internal combustion engine the better.

however why are cons opposed to this?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I am a 31 year Utility employee, and licensed solar installer, and have worked with wind. I am also familiar with electric vehicle technology. At best, alternative energy and electric vehicles are infant industries. If you live North of say Alabama, how are you going to heat the cabin of the vehicle? A ZEV's tailpipe is currently the stack of a fossil burning station. And alternative energy cannot provide anywhere near the MWh's requires to run the grid, without the addition of electric vehicles. And certainly not on calm, cloudy days.

Where is the reality in any of this? Come to me with hard numbers and we'll talk.

• Lv 5
      3 years agoReport

Who needs facts? We are pie-in-the-sky liberals and we have FEELINGS.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Where does the electricity to recharge electric cars come from? Solar? Everyone walks on rainy days. Wind power? Everyone walks on calm days. Think a little. It'll do you good.

• 3 years ago

How do YINZ get your electricity to recharge the Batteries in your electric cars?

Does Seattle have enough wind power and sunny days to provide the ENERGY needs to recharge these vehicles?

• 3 years ago

Most of them aren't. They're just opposed to doing it faster than we can economically support.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

right off the production line electric cars have polluted the environment an equivalent a gas car driven 80,000 miles

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Probably be a good idea to find something to replace it with considering the worlds economy is based on oil don't you think?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Yeah, my 'vette doesn't run on solar power.

• 3 years ago

Because they don't give a rat's fat rear about he environment.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You do know you need petroleum to manufacture solar cells, right?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

z

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.