Is it normal to have swollen lymph nodes in your neck during the common cold?
- Dr.DhananjayaLv 64 years agoFavorite Answer
1. Yes. It goes off automatically with receding symptoms of common cold. With or without treatment, common cold is cured with your own body's immunity power.
2. Lymph* Node* Enlargement/Glandular enlargement* or lumps in arm pits/anywhere in the body:
Beware of real cancer symptoms- Any Cancer, lupus, HIV/AIDS, Kaposi’s sarcoma, and etc., — Common Symptoms:
Sudden loss of weight/stamina, anemia, unbearable pains in any organ despite medication, neuralgia, FATIGUE-getting extremely tired for a little or no work, loss of appetite, unhealed wound in any part of the body for years together, chronic constipation, chronic hemorrhages, haemoptysis, nagging cough, full bloated feeling, small, bean-shaped glands in your neck, armpits, and other places , painless in testes, etc. Cancer may affect from any organ to any organ[s]/system[s].
1. Lymphatic system is nothing but a scavenging system [a part of immune system]-----collecting toxins, produced out of bacterial/viral infections/auto immune disorders, etc., from each and every organ and put the debris into excretory channels. They are urine, faeces, skin, menses [females] and lungs.
2. Lymph nodes are our first line of defense against pathogens so they may swell randomly just from exposure to bacteria or viruses. In any ailment, be it cancer, HIV/AIDS/Muscular Dystrophy/Autism/Diabetes/chronic allergies, etc.,--the first system to be affected is lymphatic system. Lump in armpit is also natural phenomenon.
boil, also known as a furuncle is a skin abscess, a painful bump that forms under the skin - it is full of puss. A carbuncle is collection of boils that develop under the skin.
1. possible causes of swollen lymph nodes. They include:
• Strep throat
• Ear infections
• Infected (abscessed) tooth
• Skin or wound infections, such as cellulitis or erysipelas
• Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) — the virus that causes AIDS
• Certain sexually transmitted infections, such as syphilis
• Toxoplasmosis — a parasitic infection resulting from contact with the feces of an infected cat or eating undercooked meat
• Cat scratch fever — a bacterial infection from a cat scratch or bite
Immune system disorders
• Lupus — a chronic inflammatory disease that can target your joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, heart and lungs
• Rheumatoid arthritis — a chronic inflammatory disease that targets the tissue that lines your joints (synovium)
• Lymphoma — cancer that originates in your lymphatic system
• Leukemia — cancer of your body's blood-forming tissue, including your bone marrow and lymphatic system
• Other cancers that have spread (metastasized) to lymph nodes
Other possible, but rare causes include certain medications, such as the anti-seizure medication phenytoin (Dilantin), and preventive medications for malaria.
2. The lymph node enlargement--------is the first symptom/sign of working immune system. The swollen lymph node[s] may turn into a cyst, carbuncle, furuncle, abscess, boil, and pustule, tumor [benign and malignant].
Cure: Lymph* Glands— (enlargement of) Mixture of CF 3x KM 3x and NP 3x. If gland is stony hard give CF 3x alone.
Dosage*: 2 grains t.d.s.
• All these biochemic salts/homeo medicines available @ local Homoeo shops, are safe and with side benefits. Don’t swallow medicine. The medicine to be dissolved on/under the tongue. Don’t take anything 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after medication. You can take water.
3. Nutrilage Plus & 1 Cap in the morning after breakfast.
Detoxme & 1 Cap twice a day after meals.
Triphala Tab & 2 Tab twice a day after meals.
Nutrilage Women & 2 Caps in the night before going to sleep.•
4. Wheat grass power – 1 tsp powder + 1 cup of hot water + 5 drops of honey in empty stomach in morning & evening. It ensured total cure for my parotid/lymph gland enlargement in 3 months.
• Patented Ayurveda Food & Nutrition Supplements manufactured in India and USA, approved by USFDA, KOSHER, HALAL, GMP, ISO ETC., and made available at Stores in your vicinity in 40 countries all over the globe. No Side Effects.
5. If they won’t disappear in a couple of months, with the treatment cited, prudent to see a general surgeon.
If the enlarged lymph glands do not subside, after taking above medication for a month, then you may go in for biopsy of the affected tissue.
- LANLv 74 years ago
- thinkingtimeLv 74 years ago
- TarkarriLv 74 years ago
Lymph nodes are part of your immune system and they often swell when working hard to fight an illness or infection.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- JackolanternLv 74 years ago
Yes. That is why a doctor will feel of your neck to see if you have an viral infection causing your sickness.
- aprilLv 74 years ago
- kelvinLv 74 years ago
yes it is
- Serene ELv 74 years ago
possible for dozens of reasons.