Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 3 years ago

What is the moral of the story "Lord of the Flies"?

i have an essay question about what is the moral that both the novel and the movie can teach. What is the moral b/c i didn't really get the movie or the book. Thank you for your help.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A moral man is someone whose actions are justifiable. His intentions, motives, and actions altogether desires for goodness (considering the situation also). He follows what he thinks is right from his reasoning and conscience.

An ethical man is someone who follows the law. He follows laws for his good image in the society. He does his actions according to the rules. Those laws that he follows will state if his actions are good or bad.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

The moral is that we are all sinful by our very nature. That our civil behavior is a thin veneer that quickly disappears when no one is there to watch us. The boys are an analog to Nazi Germany.

If you take this book to heart, it becomes personal. It says not just that people in general are evil but that I am evil. No one likes to think of himself or herself as inherently evil and that is why some people really hate this book.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.