Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 years ago

Is Australia a cool country to live in?

I had always wanted to visit that country since you can find kangaroos

Favorite Answer

Australia is a great place to live with an excellent climate, sun, blue skies (most of the time), beautiful beaches and countryside, friendly people and very good living conditions and work opportunities. Australia has a bit of everything. You can live in a desert, on a beach, in a rainforest, an alpine region, on a riverboat, etc. You have more chance of dying from influenza than from violent crime in Australia.

Fresh fruit and vegetables here are very delicious. We have beautiful nature and clean streets. People are quite nice and very straightforward, and not so fake. It is very sport oriented country too. Not too crowded and laid back. Weather is nice in Sydney - not too hot in summer and not too cold in winter.

The cost of living isn't as high as the UK, but many things here are much more expensive than in the US like petrol and some foods as we don't have the same kind of nationalised programs the US does. Instead of subsidising big agriculture and oil corporations, we subsidise the poor and sick people so we have relatively good welfare and health care systems. I believe that migrants and itinerant workers pay very high tax rates here but if you become an Australian citizen you'll pay the same as anyone earning the same income as you plus you'll get the benefits of free health care that we aussies get. Health insurance is still taken by most people though because it makes your yearly tax rate lower.

The food in most aussie cities is great, due to the fantastic influences of multiculturalism. Lebanese, Assyrian, Greek, Italian, Turkish, French, Asian, Indian and Latin American cuisine can all be sampled in any big city like Sydney or Melbourne. Even smaller cities like Newcastle have a diverse range of ethnic restaurants. Oh and bush tucker is starting to pop up as well. Strangely we don't have Outback Steakhouse.

Anyway I'm sounding like a flag waving nationalist so can I just point out that our political system is corrupt and there is no point voting for anyone at any level of government. Unlike the US we do not even have the RIGHT to abstain from voting, which I think sucks. But we do have nice beaches.

• FIIK

I wouldn't live anywhere else.

yes

It could be if you are not a pussy.