Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 3 years ago

Does the washer or dryer destroy clothes?

I have been washing my clothes for a while now. My routine is wash then put in the dryer for about 100 minutes been like this for years now. I have some tanks, and some t shirt been getting ripped when i put them on a pulling them down. The tanks are about 2 years old and their getting ripped my t shirt less than 5 months. Is the washer or dryer affecting this?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, that person was either racist or brainwashed. The reason why the value of the neighborhood goes down when blacks and Latinos (Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, etc.) show up is because whites usually leave. Then what happens is that the police who were protecting the area well while whites were there also walk away allowing gangs, drugs, thieves and others to take root there. In addition, when a black person calls the police, often they will take a longer time to come, will ask for your name / address / telephone number so they can "accidentally" tell the criminal who called them or they won't come at all since some of them are involved in criminal activities themselves.

Also not all black neighborhoods are bad because often black people will take it upon themselves to protect it without relying on an incompetent and racist justice system to look out for our interests.

And please...don't act as if you've never seen black people before. Black people live all around the world. For you to assume and promote the idea that we should be wiped out is not only disgusting, but hateful, racist and discriminatory as well. White employers refuse to hire black people, white landlords refuse to rent apartments to them (as former Attorney General and current Governor of New York City Andrew Cuomo discovered that white Brooklyn landlords were doing) and white company owners refuse to promote black employees which results in some not having enough money. Also whites are excused from jail when they commit crimes and get probation, seconds in jail, time served, months or even years less than their sentence is supposed to be, no jail time, etc. Examples are Paris Hilton, former New York mayor Rudy Guiliani's daughter who was caught shoplifting, Winona Ryder who got no jail time for stealing, Lindsay Lohan, whites who get caught with cocaine (white model on plane, Paris Hilton, white girl selling it from her dorm room at New York University), etc. Furthermore the American system is set up to put roadblocks in the paths of black people who are attempting to succeed while clearing the path for whites to get ahead simply because they have different skin tones. And if you think racism is over, then you need to watch the news. Many whites will hold their racism inside until it slips out when they see a black person who has done well in spite of all the obstacles while they are failing...or often they are angry due to an unsupported beliefs and unsubstantiated claims that the white race is superior. Look at Paula Deen, the white woman who lost in the beauty contest, Ashley Dupree who lied that a black man slashed her face (she did it herself, police discovered), a white woman who lied that a black woman threw acid in her face (she did it herself), Dog the Bounty Hunter, Mel Gibson, Don Imus, police who shot Sean Bell and friends 50 times / Amadou Diallo 41 times, etc. These negative views might not always come out openly but they influence the actions of many whites who are often in top positions in this society.

I know you don't believe that's true because there are many top black people who are successful such as Michelle Obama (First Lady), Oprah Winfrey, Basketball stars (who return to their neighborhoods to give money, teach kids to stay in school, help businesses in these communities, etc., build schools (Dikembe Mutombo, etc.)), black singers, black movie stars, E. R. Shipp (Pulitzer Prize winning Daily News columnist--black woman), Michelle Paige (Director of the White House Policy Council), Judith Jamison (Alvin Ailey Dance Company head), black senators (ex: Nina Turner), black movie stars (Gabrielle Union, Phylicia Rashad, Denzel Washington, etc.), Joy Reid (MSNBC news contributor), Lola Ogunnaike (CNN reporter), Dr. Regina Benjamin (18th Surgeon General of the United States and the first black woman chosen for that position), etc.

So the question is false. Many of these people were successful in spite of racist practices, being passed over for promotions, being rejected from top schools based on what race they were, etc. Destroy neighborhoods? No, black people built America with inventions, social reform programs, civil rights protests, economic buying power, physical labor, laws passed and fought for, etc.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

100 minutes seems like a lot, I dry mine on permapress for about 32 minutes. You don't say what temperature. If the temperature is too high for that long I would say that could be a good reason. Also at what temperature do you wash, HOT? And do you overbleach? All these can contribute to fabric breakdown. Also you can't wash different fabrics in the same load. Not just separating colors. Do you read the labels on how to wash the tanks and tees, usually there are labels indicating best way to wash. The way things change now a days, you have to change with them, you have to read instructions with almost everything because it is different than it was yesterday. I'm 66 and seen a LOT of change. It ain't gonna stop though.

• 3 years ago

If you have a top loading agitator washer, they can pull and rip clothes, so be sure to pick a gentle cycle with nothing over warm, no hot. 100 minutes is too long to dry things. Try 20 minutes at warm. And don't use bleach.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

100 mins is way too long, you are cooking the fabric making it brittle. if it takes that long to dry your clothes you are way over loading the dryer or it is junk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.